Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW week 3 Steve Unsworth
From: "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 13:22:56 -0600

Didn't we kick you out of the PAW for simply being in Paris??

I love umbrellas in images...they are very romantic symbols to me (goes back
to my wild youth and no, I won't elaborate) so your first image gets two
thumbs up. I like that the man is out of focus, walking fast to get out of
the rain. I imagine him heading home to his darkish woodtone flat, fixing a
cup of hot espresso and a bit of pastry, scratching his dog on the head back
by his ears, and curling up in his worn brown leather club chair with a good
mystery novel (even tho he's probably headed to a boring business meeting).
Hey.....a girl can DREAM about Paris, can't she???

The tones in your alternate image are lovely. The starkness of the street
signs mixed with the clean verbage on the truck played against the doof
standing in the rain talking on a cell phone. I was tempted to say 'only in
America' but I remember you're in PARIS (do you note a bit of jealousy in my
writing?).

Good work.......even if your week was rushed