Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: HELP--someone wants to buy my pictures...
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspw.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 07:57:14 -0500 (EST)

oligopolies occur when a small number of producers share a market.
airlines and auto manufacurers are two examples.  they typically
arise when there is a high barrier to entry into the market, and their
products are (relatively) undifferentiated.  (this from my abortive
CFA studies)

i don't think photographers fall into this category.  there are so
many of them, most of them can't make a living wage!! god bless the
ones who follow their heart and their vision, though.

- -rei