Subject: [Leica] Re: New article on travel tips.
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:38:19 -0600

Dante:

>http://www.dantestella.com/technical/travel.html

A few points...the first two technical related to the web.

First, you might make the title of your page something more meaningful than
"Technical Articles."  If somebody bookmarks the page, that is what they'll
see.  Try going back to find Dante's Travel Tips in your bookmark list and
good luck.  :)

Second, don't override the default colors for an article you want people to
read.  Or default text sizes, for that matter.  People may set their default
colors to that which is easiest for them to read.  Don't change them without
good reason.  In your photo gallery, it works quite well.  The color scheme
looks nice.  But let your readers decide what colors they want to use when
reading.  Don't use absolute text sizes.  Use relative ones.  I set up my
parents' computer to user a larger font so they could actually read web
pages.  If you want people like that to read your site, don't make it harder
for them.

Getting back to photo stuff...

> (—) Neopan 1600 - Neopan is a great film for miserable light. But
> shot at 1600, it almost always incurs a massive loss of shadow
> detail. Since you get but one shot, you want everything on the neg you
> can get.

You might want to specify what developer you're using for that result.  I am
enjoying wonderful results with Neopan 1600 in Xtol 1:3.

Eric