Subject: [Leica] re: someone wants to buy nathan's images!
From: "kyle cassidy" <kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 12:57:08 -0800

first congrats.

second, advice.

your final price should depend on

    a) how many prints they want
    b) how much you want to see them in print
    c) how much money they have to spend

these three wheels spin around until they lite upon a number agreeable to
all. most newspapers charge $150 or so for reprint rights on the web.
myself, i'd probably aim more in the $60 U.S. range for an image used like
that, depending on how many they wanted. also, make sure any deal includes
extra units for yourself to use promotonally or to give out to friends and
auction off to luggers. if they're only doing a run of 500, they probably
don't have a big budget. see if you can get them to print an extra 50 for
you and you'll charge less.

just my .02, take it for what it's worth.

kc