Subject: Re: [Leica] plastic cap on tank
From: Charles Everitt <charleyeveritt@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 16:10:05 -0700

>My little plastic cap that covers the hole in the lid on my developing tank
>is about to lose its tab. . . . .
>Any idea where I can find replacements?  Or should I just get a new tank?

A good pro photo dealer should have a replacement lid and cap.  But if it's
starting to corrode, a new tank may be in order.

>Any recommendations on the ideal metal tank? . . . . .

That's going to bring out all the old-timers like me, lamenting the loss of
Nikor tanks.

>  I can understand paying extra
>for Hewes reels.  But is a tank just a tank?

Well, there's stainless steel, and then there's stainless steel.  Your
generic tank may not be the best.  I assume that most name-brand (Paterson,
Kinderman) tanks are good.

Charley
everitt@mscd.edu