Subject: Re: [Leica] Tripod for the M6.
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 21:27:11 -0600

> Charley wrote:
> >First consideration might be given on topic to the Leitz Tiltall.
>
> The Tiltall is a great set of legs, if you like a traditional two-handle
> pan-and-tilt head.  But the head is not removable.

Charley, I hate to disagree with you, but the head is removable.  The
tiltall was the choice tripod for newsfilm shooters in the "old days."

We'd prise the head off of it, and replace it with an Aussie (O'Conner, I
think) fluid head.  I used to have a closet full of tilt-all heads.

I must say though, this is not a recommendation, because the tiiltall
weathers badly, and the oxidization causes it to freeze faster than many
others.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com