Subject: Re: [Leica] Tripod for the M6.
From: Eng Yeo <farmboys@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:03:29 +1300

on 1/15/02 10:56 AM, Henry Ting at henryting10@yahoo.com wrote:

> I'm thinking about a Gitzo tripod for my M6s.
> The G1128 is about $100 cheaper compared with the
> G1228. The G1128 is lighter, but the max weighted load
> capacity is only 11 pounds and the G1228 being heavier
> lists the capacity as 17.5 pounds.
> Does anybody own these tripods and can advice me on
> whether the G1128 is good enough or should I go for
> the G1228.
>
> Thanks
> Henry

Henry,
I bought a Gitzo G 2228 and a Acratech ball head at the end of last year.
I realised that some photographers do not like the centre column. But this
tripod has individually indifinite leg spread lock.
Try it and you will like it.

I too was aiming for G1228 until I tried this unit.
I would have prefer a 3 sections legs but when I bought it in Singapore,
there was none available then.

Eng