Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW week 2
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 22:38:30 +0100

The Zurich area has been in a freeze since mid-December, and as a result
most of the lakes in this part of Switzerland are sufficiently frozen to
allow skating. So frozen lakes are my theme for the week. The main
picture and the first alternate were both taken with the Rollei 35 on
Agfa Scala at a lake a few km from my home:

http://www.wajsman.com/2002_2.jpg
http://www.wajsman.com/2002_2alt1.jpg

The more I use the little Rollei the more I like it. It is quirky
(left-handed film-advance lever, flash hot shoe on the bottom, you
basically take the camera apart to load film, focusing is by guessing
the distance) but the lens is excellent and somehow it seems to fit
really well with Agfa Scala. And the whole thing is truly pocketable.

The second alternate was taken at another frozen lake near a ski area
called Hoch-Ybrig. I was attracted by the combination of a sign
announcing that this is a beach/windsurfing area and the snow-covered
lake:

http://www.wajsman.com/2002_2alt2.jpg

This was taken with the 50mm Summilux on Fuji Acros, developed in XTOL
1+3. I am really impressed with the combination of Acros and diluted
XTOL; it is the only film/developer combination with which I am able to
retain some texture in sunlit snow despite the continuous agitation of
my Jobo processor.

The complete PAW index is at:

http://www.wajsman.com/indexpaw2002.htm

and comments are welcome and appreciated as always.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland