Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: NEW M7 MAJOR CROCK-POT CROW PARMESAN
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:22:38 -0500

Rick Floyd wrote:

> Rolfe:
>
> You should have a look at the Canon E-TTL system.  Their system allows you
> to have full wireless flash capabilities AND do ratioed A:B lighting up to
> 1:8 or 8:1 in 1/2 stop increments automatically.

Rick,

This is news to me if it works. I will certainly check it out.

I'm interested to know how the TTL knows how to shut off the flash in
unit A before unit B such that the ratio works out as desired. Is that
your understanding of what it does? Both the good thing and the bad
thing about TTL flash metering is that there is only *one* sensor and it
is at the film plane. In some ways, this kind of stuff is easier to do
with automatic flashes like the Vivitar 283 since at least there is one
sensor for each unit.

Rolfe

- --
Rolfe Tessem	|	Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.
rolfe@ldp.com	|	96 Morton Street
(212) 463-0029	|	New York, NY 10014

Replies: Reply from "Tom Furlotte" <tfurlott@midsouth.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: NEW M7 MAJOR CROCK-POT CROW PARMESAN)