Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: NEW M7 MAJOR CROCK-POT CROW PARMESAN
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 19:58:45 -0800

><Snip>
> One other thought on TTL flash: this is really a simple-minded
> technology that is limited to a single on-camera or possibly a single
> off-camera flash. I think it was probably designed with wedding
> photographers in mind. Once you get into any kind of multiple light
> setup, the TTL stuff is useless anyway. You just have to meter the flash
>   and do it the old-fashioned way.
>
> Sometimes, less is more.
>
> --
> Rolfe Tessem

Rolfe you might check out your impressions or hunches before you foist
it upon us as gospel.
I know Metz has long had wireless TTL Multi flash.
I'm pretty sure Nikon does.
Which would make me think Canon also does and that this is not at all uncommon.

TTL is not necessary. It's just a little more accurate and reassuring.
And convenient.
Not at all just for wedding photographers of course.
And in no way limiting.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com