Subject: [Leica] Re: Provia 100F or K64?
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 20:31:56 -0500

> Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:33:27 -0500
> From: "dante@umich.edu" <dante@umich.edu>
> Subject: Re: Provia 100F or K64? (was: Re: [Leica] Film survey.)
> The other issue is archival permanence, where Kodachrome beats all takers.
> I recently found a box of slides in the attic that had been sitting under a
> slate roof for 25 summers.  Needless to say, the K64 slides were perfect;
> the Ektachromes and Fujichromes in there were green, blue and red.

I was recently going through some old boxes and found a stash of
Kodachromes I'd forgotten about. These were taken while on an assignment
  to China from ABC in 1976 which was before China had opened up to the
West in general. Both the Great Wall and Tienamien Square look a lot
different today.

These were both with an M4 and a 35mm Summicron 2nd version. I don't
remember when the change from Kodachrome II to Kodachrome 25 came about
so they may be on the former. They look absolutely unchanged from when I
last viewed them 25 years ago.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=518806&size=lg

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=518810&size=lg

- --