Subject: Re: [Leica] More M7 rumors
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 09:11:08 -0800

Robert Schneider wrote:
>>> But the M cameras already have focus confirmation.
> It's called line up the images in the rangefinder.<<<

Hi Robert,
Perfect! :-) You can't beat lining-up two images and the system is KISS
simple.
The more electronic nick-knacks they add the faster the batteries go down
and the camera has more opportunities for glitches.

The problem is, there are too many people in the world and as we see on the
LUG, who want basically to be spoon fed with "non-thinking cameras," so all
they have to do is, "when all the pretty lights go on, press button, picture
happens!"

If Leica put far more thought into a great advertising programme and less
thought into mickey mouse electronics they'd not have a worry in the world
about selling their cameras.

The electronics of the meter in the M6 was and is the best improvement they
made, as it allows the camera to be used quicker and more efficiently than
working with a hand meter.  All the rest of the stuff is really fluff in a
form of making the M6 look more efficient when in the real world hardly
means diddly!
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant