Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Film survey.
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 19:25:32 -0800

on 1/12/02 2:53 PM, Jim Brick at jim@brick.org wrote:

> At 01:29 PM 1/12/2002 -0600, Don wrote:
>
>> How does Provia 100F compare to Kodachrome?
>

> I personally choose Velvia over K25, Provia 100F over K64, and Provia 400F
> over K200.
>
> Velvia and both Provias are superb films.
>
> Jim

Jim, isn't part of the reason you choose E6 films over Kodachromes because
of the Kodachrome processing risks and hassles?  Not that I disagree (I
don't) but I recall you writing some time ago that you are unwilling to take
your film anywhere but a lab that does the processing on-site.

I've also been using Provia 100F lately (I thought I'd never say that) and I
agree, it's a superb film.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
www.wildlightphoto.com