Subject: Re: [Leica] What is Leica getting into ?
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@ubspw.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 21:02:01 -0500 (EST)

> From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
> ...it has to
> increase the height of the classic by 2.5mm and adding
> 40 grams. Now that's not much, but if you compare the
> classic against the TTL, it sure makes the TTL look
> bulky.

ha-ha!  when i got my 0.85, i needed to search far and wide for
the rarer classic 0.85 over the TTL because:

1) i could never be clever enough to turn the dials of two M's in
   opposite directions

but largely:

2) the M3 proportions are to me perfection; a camera consisting of golden
   rectangles.  slathering 2.5mm of height is like adding 2.5 feet to the
   frieze of the parthenon.  and straightening out the steps.  and making
   the columns parallel.

   1/2 :-)

- -rei

p.s. the TTLs are beautiful cameras, too, especially in chrome.