Subject: Re: [Leica] New Leica M and Mark's sporting nature
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:51:27 -0700

Before you all send your money to Mark, pay close attention to his words. He
is not saying that will be no new camera but that it will not be called a
M7. Herr Cohn has stated very strongly in both the recent and distant past
that there will be no M7 only further developments of the M6. The M6
developed into the M6TTL, with an infusion of R8 electronics, and now a
sister electronic camera will be offered. I expect Mark will be right and it
will be called a M6 AE. Herr Cohn also stated that it will be a sister to
the mechanical M not a replacement. This raises the spectre of distributors
having to stock two different M cameras available in two finishes and with
three viewfinders. That comes to twelve different cameras! And we are not
even talking about any special editions! I feel sorry for Leica dealers.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net> (Re: [Leica] New Leica M and Mark's sporting nature)