Subject: [Leica] Sample pictures from Voigtlander 28/1.9
From: "Mark Davison" <DAVISON_M@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:29:52 -0800

This week I took a new Cosina/Voigtlander  28/1.9 out for a test. You can
see the pics at

http://not.contaxg.com/folder.php?id=102

These are not aesthetic masterpieces, so hold the critiques.

I was testing the lens, not for its ultimate imaging power, but whether it
matched my usual shooting style and subjects, i.e., handheld urban
landscapes, intimate environmental candid shots of people, ASA 400 color and
chromogenic black and white films.

I would say that the results pretty much match what you would expect from
Erwin Put's review--you can see the softness at the edges (even
handholding), but stopped down to f2.8 or more this is lens creates  very
crisp, "modern" looking images.

The shot of the wet basketball court and the details (from a 2700 dpi scan)
give you a little feeling for the performance wide open. The two
environmental portraits show how well controlled flare is, even with quite
bright windows in the frame.

Thankfully it has finally stopped raining here, so I can quit taking wet
pavement shots.

Mark Davison