Subject: Re: [Leica] New Leica M
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:02:30 -0800

thomas schofield wrote:

> Reed's Cameras is taking $500 deposits if you have to be first in line.
> They called it an M7A, and said it would look like an M6 TTL with an "A" on
> the shutterspeed dial.
>
> Tom Schofield

I just called the Reed's Cameras  and they say their Leica rep. told
their buyer it will be announced at the PMA and the camera following
shortly afterward but they need $2000 not $500.
Refundable if the camera does not come out.

I'm not buying any of it. ANd They said it would be called the M7, not M7A.
Perhaps the rep. had one too many cups of coffee or the buyer heard him wrong.

I informed them I'd not be sending them my $2000 until Leica announces
the camera - i hoped they understood.

Anyone wants to send ME $2000 I'll send you back TWICE your money when
the M7 comes out this year or I keep the money!
:)

I'm afraid i still believe Herr Cohn when he told us in effect at the
LHSA meeting the previous year:

There will be no Leica M7 forever.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

I can maybe see them maybe putting an A setting on an M6 and calling it
an M6 A.
I believe that the M6 is by Leica rightfully considered the culmination
of where Leica had been heading for some time.
	The realization, fulfillment, consummation, fruition…

They're not going to blow it and come out with an M7. That would be
obviously stupid.
If they redesign a higher synced camera with a different shutter they'll
not call it an M anything.

Read it and weep we'll see who's right on this one.

Replies: Reply from "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] New Leica M)