Subject: RE: [Leica] New diffraction element lens completely off topic
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:58:47 -0800

Good or not good on a technical plane only I do not think is the issue.... I
think performance to weight ratio is the issue.....

I have a 450 F4.5 Vivitar Series 1 Mirror lens, that is in the same weight
range as this lens ( in fact much less, but that is another story).... I
don't know of another lens that compares.....

The second issue is ... head down..... the DIGITAL camera that will be
strapped onto the back of this thing just is not capable of more..... so for
the digital junkies, this lens could be Nirvana..... ( head turned to avoid
flying produce)

You 20 and 30 something's don't realize the value if a lighter lens to us
old farts.  It will sell like gangbusters.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net