Subject: Re: [Leica] [OT] Messed up first roll during processing...?
From: "George Weir" <george@georgeweir.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 22:59:39 -0500

> I found Hewes reels at Adorama, but didn't find them at B&H. About $20
each
> for 35mm.

Maybe they were out of stock but they are in their current ad in Shutbug
and have been in stock whenever I visit the store. When I ordered my
last set, couple of years ago they sent sprirawhatever reels. Took a
couple of phone calls to explain why I was unhappy at paying $20 for
junk, eventually spoke with someone who knew what they were and was all
straightened out.
Point is you need to be quite explicit in stating that they are the
Hewes/KING CONCEPT SS reels that you want.

To paraphrase an earlier statement if you haven't got them, then get
them.
I used to enjoy the expressions on students' faces at workshops when
they tried Hewes reels for the first time, "Why aren't all the reels
made this way?" was a not uncommon statement.

Anyway, enough amorphous desultory drabble on to the next topic...!

All good things to you and yours

George

George Weir Photography
www.georgeweir.com