Subject: [Leica] Re: if nobody's posted this -- anthrax irradiation damages
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 22:53:48 -0500

>Simon:

>>So until you start seeing that stamp, or until the
>>Post Office says otherwise, why be paranoid?.

>Isn't that the point?  Once you see the stamp, it's too late!

>Eric

Not really. The post office warned us before they started delivering
treated mail. They are well aware of the consequences.

But anyway, the bottom line is I really doubt that there is the
capability to make irradiation widespread. This is the US Postal Service
we are talking about! From what I have seen at work, zapping mail
creates a huge bottleneck and our mail has slowed to a trickle since
they started. That's a reasonable tradeoff for high-profile and likely
targets but my gut tells me it won't go much beyond that for the
foreseeable future.

Simon Stevens