Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: was Difference between Leica meter now How do youCarry your setup
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 20:45:51 -0800

Robert G. Stevens wrote:
>>> I picked this tip up from Ted Grant a few years ago.  You just start
with
> a very short strap on the first Leica and then get progressively longer.
I would wear two M's on my chest and a R8 over my shoulder.  Even though
they are a bit apart, they can still bang together at times.  This would be
a bit much for some people who want their Leicas to always look new.<<<<<

Hi Robert,
When I'm on a tight shoot and lots of things happening I sometimes have
three M6's stacked one above the other and two R8's on the left shoulder
with motors and a third if necessary hanging on the right shoulder.

I hate changing film and lenses when everything is on the go. And yep
sometimes if you have to run, they do get clanked to-gether on occasion. ;-)
But gently.  Then there are secrets to running and hugging all of them to
your body with little or no banging, that comes from practice. :-)

Besides there isn't anything to working with three M6's hanging off your
neck as the heaviest lens is always on the bottom and they go wider as they
get to the top. ;-)

Mine have been bumped a few times but they all work and actually look in
pretty good shape for m6's that have been used since 1985? '86? Sure as heck
been a lot of film through them since then. ;-)
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (RE: [Leica] RE: was Difference between Leica meter now How do youCarry your setup)