Subject: [Leica] Hakuba Carbon Tripod
From: "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 20:19:18 -0800

For those of you who are considering a carbon fiber tripod, but are
suffering from post holiday walletidies, the Hakuba HG 6230C is a great
alternative to the expensive Gitzo G1228 and the Manfrotto equivalent.

I have just received  a Hakuba and can attest that it is hard to beat for
the price, $195.00
It has 3 sections and rises a little higher than the G1228.
It comes with a short and a longer center posts.
The center section has an adjustable friction system.
The legs can be set to three different spread positions.
It is steady and secure since the lowest leg sections are rather large
compared to the 4-section tripods.
The only detriment is that it comes with a 1/4" stud and no adapter bushing.
I had a bushing and after trying it with the Acratech ball and the Arca ball
I found it to be a solid performer, probably comparable to the G1227.

I bought it at Samy's Santa Barbara store 805/963-7269 www.samys.com
Evidently it is a "special purchase" and the price is valid only for stock
on hand.

Needless to say my G1228 will be up for sale soon.

Abe gesundt,

Joe Codispoti