Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: [OT] Messed up first roll during processing...?
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 21:44:57 -0600

on 1/9/02 9:13 PM, Jim Brick at jim@brick.org wrote:

> Black specs look like a very dirty final rinse.

Meaning some type of residue not being washed off...?

> Did you squeegee the film
> after photoflowing in distilled water? By dipping your index and middle
> finger in the distilled photoflow solution and running your hand down the
> hanging film, the film going between those two fingers which act as a
> squeegee?

That what I did...

> Everyone I have ever darkroomed with over the past 50 years, as well as
> myself, does this to remove excess distilled photoflow water. Because of
> this, I have never (repeat - never) had a bad film dry. Always clean,
> always spotless.

And that's why I think it was on the film after processing before drying...I
haven't seen black spots like this on any negs I've done before...

> Of course, film must be dried in a clean, dustless room or
> dryer. I currently use a JOBO Mistral II drier but for years I used one I
> made from a plastic zippered large garment bag, holes in the bottom and
> top, and a very small wattage light bulb, mounted on a board, in the
> bottom. A filter, such as a piece of foam over the holes in the bottom. Air
> comes in the bottom and out the top.

I was thinking of doing something similar but with a low power hairdryer...

- --
John
Chicago, IL
http://SlideOne.com