Subject: Re: [Leica] Was there Ever ...
From: "Gerhard Paulman" <gerhardp@inch.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 20:14:23 -0500

Kim,

Thanks, I finally found my Tungsten film.  And yes, I agree, it's a bit
slow.  It didn't occur to me to simply look for a T suffix, but there it is.

I compared the spectral graphs for the Tungsten Portra and a higher speed
daylight Portra, and the difference is subtle, mostly in the slope and
overlap.  So one can see how this can easily be corrected for in printing.
And that's the way the world has gone.
The problem is with the one hour labs, as Mark pointed out.  (and who
doesn't use them now and then for convenience and speed?)  They'll get it
wrong every time.<g>  And then, for more money, they can of course correct
their mistakes.

I have the feeling, that in general our fellow lugers don't like Kodak films
that much.  Maybe it's a case of the grass always being greener on the other
side.

Gerhard