Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: was Difference between Leica meter now How do youCarry your setup
From: "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 18:59:58 -0600

In 1968 I had the good fortune to photograph Robert F. Kennedy when
he was running for President. I was just a young pup in college with
an M2, 21, 35 and Leicavit. Plus a Nikon F.
Anyway, I jumped in the convertible that had the magazine
photographers that rode ahead of RFK. In the car was Bill Eppridge
from Life, Stanley Tretick from Look and Burton Berinsky (spel?) from
Time.
This string reminded me of Burton. He was sort of a big husky fellow.
His way of dealing with three Leicas was to wear all three around his
neck. They were stacked one on his chest and the other two in
ascending order down to the middle of his stomach. He was such a big
guy that they didn't take up much room on him. I don't remember any
of Burton's Leicas having auxiliary viewfinders or very long (135)
lenses. So I'd guess maybe he was using a 35, 50 & 90. BTW, all three
Leicas were chrome.
For a student it was pretty exciting meeting those three and riding
in the convertible and photographing with them.
Best,
John Fulton
Fort Worth