Subject: RE: [Leica] magnifier
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 14:26:49 -0500

Well, I must be doing drugs, but I feel compelled to actually defend Leica
on this one. Frankly, given the price of other Leica accessories, the
magnifier actually sounds cheap. Don't forget, these are the same people who
charge $70 for a plus-one diopter, which Nikon sells for about $18. And how
much are those sheet rubber lens caps? And rear caps? And, $229 to make a 90
mm really useful on an M body is, if not a bargain, at least not
unreasonable. I expected it to be about $400.

And as to its being 1/3 the price of a user M - maybe an M4-2 with a missing
back door and cracked viewfinder window.

B. D.