Subject: Re: [Leica] Four Categories of high definition developers
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 22:31:12 -0500

This is an interesting ranking and probably has a lot of merit but it only
ranks developers along one dimension, acutance.  I suspect the grouping
would spread out a little bit if you added other dimensions such as
tonality.  This in turn can be categorized in terms like shadow detail,
midtone separation, and highlight holding, etc.

Its nice sometimes to go out and try something new, maybe bend some of the
rules.  Otherwise you'll never really know.

(I'm having enough fun with the "Darkroom Cookbook"  I think I'd OD on the
"Film Developing Cookbook"!)

Mike D