Subject: Re: [Leica] Available PAW
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 18:37:40 -0600

on 1/5/02 2:25 PM, Colin at CJV@home.com wrote:

> And for what it's worth, I make a deliberate attempt not
> to crop anything - 99% of the time I post full-frame shots.  But you're
> right, it might have helped this one.

I try to not crop either, do it in camera not in post, but sometimes the
format doesn't agree :)

> Sebastian is fun to shoot because
> his eyes are *always* on the camera, no matter where I go.  And I liked
> the light, too, so up it went!

He looks like that type of kid. They are the best to have 'around' since
they don't get tired of you as others (adults) would. Most of the time it's
the parent's saying...don't you have enough pictures of him/her yet ;)

> Also, I was shooting the Lions again last night, and got some better
> shots, I think, so there will probably be some of those in my next PAW.
> It was an incredibly tense game - tied at 35 points with just one minute
> to go.  The Lions won on a couple of foul shots, but games like that it
> almost doesn't matter who wins - I'd go watch anytime!  Exciting stuff.
> I'm surprised how aggressive and competitive the girls are.  There's
> enough pushing and shoving for an NBA game!  Plus as a photographer, I
> get close enough to the action to hear all the amusing foul language
> (from Catholic school girls!) that the parents don't hear.  Love it! :)

Do you just shoot them for practice or do you give/sell them some good shots
for their paper etc...?

- --
John
Chicago, IL