Subject: [Leica] Re: Efke KB 25 in D23
From: Robert Marvin <marvbej@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 13:17:41 -0500

- --
I develop KB 25 for 7 1/4 min. in straight D23 (@ 68ºF,agitating for
10 sec./min.in a ss tank). This is aprox. 20% more than the time
recommended in the Massive Dev Chart for D76 and the Efke data sheet
(packed with 100' bulk rolls) for ID11. Both sources recommend e.i.
50--1/3rd stop faster works better for me. I don't find it contrasty
at all. FWIW, I usually use anywhere from a 2 1/2 to a 3 1/2  Ilford
filter with Arista Premium RC/VC (aka Ilford Multigrade IV)
in a Valloy II .

As to sources, I have a few 100' rolls in my freezer, purchased from Freestyle
right after I learned they had dropped it from their catalogue ( It's
worth phoning--they might still have some left). When my stash runs
out, I guess I'll try Photoimpex.

Bob Marvin