Subject: Re: [Leica] [OT] Jobo CPE-2...
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 22:32:31 -0800

Brian Reid wrote:

> I wonder if this has anything to do with water purity and makeup? Does the
> use of distilled water in mixing Xtol allow less developer, require more
> developer, or have no effect.
>
> --

I think the makeup of some films make those films "eat" developer. While
other films don't.
T-Max 100 and Delta 3200 seems to "eat" developer. Especially Ascorbic
acid - Phenidone developers such as Xtol.
So these film much not be used at 1:3.
1:1 or 1:2 should be tried instead.

If 14 minutes gives the same densities as 10 minutes then you've reached
your limit on your developer.
You want to be able to increase densities with time.
If you cant do that then stronger dilutions (less water) is indicated.
Unless you are not getting full shadow densities. Film speed.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Message from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: [Leica] [OT] Jobo CPE-2...)