Subject: Re: [Leica] With apologies to Jims' tongue PAW 1
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 13:02:06 -0600

on 1/3/02 2:42 AM, Graham Battison at Graham.Battison@btinternet.com wrote:

> I wish I could see a little more of the rectangular building above the
> horizon line. I'd like to see the
> 1/2 tree on the far right cropped leaving the 3 BIG trees and maybe take an
> inch off the left so your eye doesn't wander to far over there. Overall I
> like the feeling of the shot...

> Thanks for the input. Checked out your suggestion and I liked it better too
> so I changed it. Hope it still counts as my PAW   ;>D

:) cropping is something that I used to hate. I always wanted to have the
pure shot as I saw it. The fact is that what you saw at that time might have
been good but if you crop that 'good' it can make something better and more
pleasing to look at. With expeirience we'll crop more with the viewfinder...
Now the trick is to crop your shots at a 8x12 ratio & straighten the
composition (my horizons are always off) then show it to people....and tell
them that it's shot full frame ;)

- --
John
Chicago, IL