Subject: [Leica] Re: interacting with strangers -- a very important element of photography
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 13:22:32 -0600

Jeffery:

>I would have
>loved to have gotten an image of the obvious pain and swollen, weary eyes
>but I would have felt like a heel. I'm sure that there would have been a way
>to approach him anyway, but I was out of my league on this one.

I don't understand why you'd love to have an image of somebody else's
suffering.

I can sort of understand a photojournalist doing a story about life on the
river or about the capsizing itself wanting an image of the guy...to
complete the set, so to speak.

I'm genuinely curious.  What motivates people to want to take pictures of
others who are suffering?

Eric

Message from "Jeffery Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net> (RE: [Leica] interacting with strangers -- a very important element of photography)