Subject: [Leica] Re: Getting down to proper level
From: "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 15:17:38 +0100

I think there are pros and cons to getting down to the child's level. The
main con is that so much more background is included, which may often be
distracting or irrelevant to the picture.

Three examples, which I think each work quite well in their own ways:

http://www.robertappleby.com/personal/L024.JPG
http://www.robertappleby.com/personal/L120.JPG
http://www.robertappleby.com/personal/L114.JPG

They all use (and need) a different kind of inclusion/exclusion of the
background, which is why the camera is at the height relative to the subject
it's at.

I'm not a fan of hard and fast rules myself. But looking at my work with
kids over the last few years, I notice that the vast majority of shots are
at kid level.

- -- Rob

http://www.robertappleby.com
Mobile (Italy) 348 336 7990