Subject: Re: [Leica] New to the Group
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:55:59 -0600

on 12/31/01 8:41 AM, David Regan at deregan@mediaone.net wrote:

> My girlfriend and mother tried to buy me an M6 for Christmas, but
> when they went shopping together, they said that every salesperson in in
> each store either would tell them I didn't want that camera (and sell them
> something WAY too expensive, like an R8) or try to sell them the camera at
> price over what was listed.

Hi Dave, I hate salespeople like this. It's CHRISTMAS for Rudolph's sake!
Sell them what they want, tell'em to have you run a test roll through it
Christmas morning, and if you aren't comfortable with it exchange it! Ok.
I'm done. I was in sales for a few years and still have nightmares of evil
salespeople ;)

> Then they asked the local camera guru who
> develops our film and he said "David doesn't take pictures that are worthy
> of a Leica". Ah well....

I know many people who's driving isn't worthy of their BMW's, Mercedes,
Cadillac's etc...

> I look forward to comments from the group as I have started a PAW 2002.

Good shooting in 2002, may we all complete the big 52 weeks!
- --
John
Chicago, IL
http://SlideOne.com