Subject: RE: [Leica] Domke Inserts or...
From: "Charles W. Hehl" <cwh@fast.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 10:34:57 -0500

Jeff,

I have had good luck using a Domke three-slot insert in a simple Jansport
backpack (book bag), the kind kids take to school.  I went to a fabric store
and bought a piece of 1/2 inch high density foam, cut it to fit and duck
taped it to the bottom of the insert to increase the padding in that
location and give additional form to the bottom of the bag.  There is plenty
of room in the backpack for 2-3 cameras, film, jacket, lunch or
whatever...plus it doesn't scream camera bag. Zip open the top and
everything is right there.  However, I will tell you that an M6 with
Noctilux and Rapidwinder are a tight fit.  M6 with a 90mm Summicron or even
with Tele Elmarit won't fit in the Domke insert...however, there is plenty
of room to put that combination on top of a jacket in the outer section of
the bag.

Regards,
Charles