Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: #190 A Flat Panel iMac
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 10:13:54 -0500

Sam,

The NECs that we use are 17 or 18" and are about 2 years old.  We have it
set up on a dual monitor system so there is plenty of real-estate for the
video editing application that we run.  They are nice and sharp with good
color and a complete lack of glare which makes them really nice.  I confess
we don't use them for critical monitoring since we have a broadcast type CRT
display for the final output.  We bought some Viewsonic 18" displays because
they had video inputs.  We were really disappointed with the picture quality
when fed with straight video.  As computer monitors they are fine.

Be aware that the flat displays have a particular resolution where they work
best.  I think it is 1280x1024 for the 18" but I may be wrong.  I'm off from
work this week so I can't check.

Hope this helps.

Mike D