Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 52 MEB
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 23:19:32 -0800

Nathan Wrote:
>>The photo is cute, but it suffers from the usual defect of children's
photographs (I am guilty of this too on occasion), namely that you are
standing up and looking down on Bethy. You need to get down in the snow
yourself and be at her level.<<<<<<<<<

Hi Nathan,
I can't agree with you more.

The biggest failure of most children pictures that come from LUG members
is.......... the photographer forgets to bend their knees and they don't get
down to the child's level.  Consequently they blow the picture 99% of the
time when they could've had a fine child moment capturing a simple activity.

So for 2002, how about all you folks happily shooting kids please get down
to their level! :-)

Hey, you might be very surprised at how much your pictures improve. :-)
Hell most of you are much younger than me and I've got 10 grandchildren to
keep track of, so I have to do a fair amount of knee bending, that I can do,
no problem.

However, it's getting back up is the problem.  That and a grandmother who's
my worst nightmare if I don't get good pictures. ;-) So lets be careful out
there and bend those knees for great kid pictures.
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@home.com> ([Leica] kids' level...)