Subject: Re: [Leica] my SHOES -- 100% leica related absolutely ON TOPIC
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 14:59:14 -0800

on 12/30/01 3:46 PM, kyle cassidy at kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu thoughtfully
wrote:

> which brings up an ethical question. you take a photograph of a celeberty
> comitting a felony; a serious, extremely violent crime. a policeman
> approaches you immediately afterwards and says "i noticed you got a photo of
> that. if you publish it, it will be very problamatic for an ongoing
> investigation and might destroy months of undercover police work. please
> don't print it." but you know that PEOPLE magazine will pay through the nose
> for the shot. considering that you're not on assignment for a magazine, you
> just happened to catch the image on the way to the acme. later your
> approached by the celeberty's publicist who says "we'd like very much for
> that photograph never to be published. we're willing to pay you a fair
> market price for the negative and your promise that it will never see the
> light of day."

Hmm...I'd find it hard to envision the situation you describe. I guess I'm a
justice first sort of guy and would do what I could to ensure SOMEONE got
nailed for a violent felony. Since celebrity is NOT a reason anyone should
be protected from the consequences of their actions I think that part
doesn't signify except insofar as it gives the photo a market.

Sounds like an episode of "Law and Order" to me!

Adam