Subject: RE: [Leica] Breaking the rules.
From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 13:01:06 -0800 (PST)

Well I agree with you.
I like Leicas for nostalgic reasons. NOT for what it
can/cannot do. If one is to solely compare what the M
can do and what the modern SLR cannot do ... well I'll
try to avoid going into that area because knowingly a
lot of followup threads will impose the uncommonsense
arguments.

Another topic I found intriguing is the talk of Leica
lens. How the recent Leica's ASPH APO is way ahead of
the competition in every areas. But ironically, the
majority of the pictures shown here are B&W with a
touch of softness, resembling the archived pictures of
the 40s taking by inferior lens. Let me get this right
... so we all want the latest state-of-the-art lens,
but we still like the pictures taken by it showing all
the qualities of our vintage historical pictures.