Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Degauss
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 23:15:58 -0500

Monitors and television sets can be affected by magnetic fields caused by
things like speakers and headphones.  This can cause distorted colors in
parts of the image.  I think the picture tube got magnetized.  TV repairmen
used to have big coils called degaussing coils that they would wave in front
of the monitor or television to fix this problem.  Now many monitors and TVs
have circuits that perform this function internally.  That's the degauss
feature.

Mike D