Subject: [Leica] Dfinity was: New M ?? OT
From: "rp johnson" <rpjohnson2@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 17:53:10 -0800

Jim Brick wrote:

> It's not really a Hasselblad camera, it's a Hasselblad - Foveon joint
> venture. Read about it here:
>
> http://www.hasselbladusa.com/about/pr092000d.htm
>
> Jim

Thank you, Jim,

So it is sort of "old" news.  But it was new to me.  Now I have another
question:

I really learned a great deal from your postings on digital and its
limitations vs. film and why we are not likely to see 6m pixel M6's in the
next two months, but the Dfinity is delivering 16.8 m pixels (according to
the releases).  I get the impression that you were speaking primarily to
the limitations of CCD technology earlier.  But can you say that CMOS based
digital cameras are likely to be the ones that deliver the mythical
"digital M6" in the near future?

Thank you,

RP Johnson