Subject: [Leica] Re: Widows XP/Mac was Gamma
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 17:51:21 -0600

Adam:

>Allowing the take-over of large number of computer systems by any hacker or
>group of hackers (I'm using hacker in the malevolent mode not the
>description of an adroit programmer) allows wide-spread denial of service
>attacks on infrastructure components that make the internet work.

>This is a relatively shallow reply, in part because my days as a network
>administrator are long behind me, and in part because the issue is
>relatively technical.

I play with computers for a living.  That's what allows me to indulge my
photo passions.  I understand the technical issues.

What I don't understand is why the FBI is involved.  It's none of their
business.  Unless you think they should start arresting people as
preventative law enforcement.  I think Microsoft should be held civilly
liable for any damages that occur as a result of their negligence.

I'll stop adding to this thread, though.  More talk about boxers as lens
cleaners and less about the evil empire.  :)

Eric

Message from Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Widows XP/Mac was Gamma)