Subject: Re: [Leica] Widows XP/Mac was Gamma now a long rant
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 14:15:05 -0800

And I thought I was using too wide enough brush lumping camera manufacturers
(who do innovate) with Microsoft..!

But your point is well taken. Good marketing strategies are often bad news
for the user/consumer. Even engineers who try to improve products often add
features that detract from the product's usability. It's a vicious circle,
since once you have an unusable product, the only thing that can save you is
better (or more predatory) marketing.

I'm glad some of the old gear is still around, even though it doesn't seem
to have much effect on the industry (Leica, Kodachrome, etc).

Mike Quinn