Subject: RE: [Leica] OT/Paypal web site
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 09:13:35 -0500

And to add one thing to this "ponderous" thread...just because PayPal has
something in their T&C "agreement" does not mean it is legal.

Another thing, how does one know what one is actually agreeing to, on the
web that is.  All these "pop-up" T&C agreements can be modified by them at
ANY time to meet ANY conditions they so choose...point is, what you may have
agreed to a year ago, may NOT be what they claim you are agreeing to
now...and of course they put some clause in this agreement that they can
change and modify the agreement at any time, and it's your responsibility to
check for any changes...  A lot of this really doesn't sound like it'll hold
much legal weight in court...but whose going to challenge it?  For
%99.999999 of problems, the people just take it as PayPal says it is...

Austin