Subject: Re: [Leica] Who'd be a PJ in these troubled times?
From: Gary Elshaw <godard@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 16:07:02 +1300

Adam wrote:

> The results from a "pool" recount from Florida were discussed in print and
> on the net for some time after the story broke. I think you can search Salon
> for their take on the story as well as the archives of the NYT.
>
> The capsule results, as I remember them were ironic: the strategy followed
> by the respective campaigns was wrong: had Gore's efforts succeeded and
> limited the recount to the 3 or 4 requested counties he would have lost. If
> the Bush effort for a complete recount had succeeded he most likely would
> have lost by a few hundred votes. Other issues, of course, are mixed up in
> this but the information was clearly out there.

Thanks Adam, I'm glad something finally came about from this in the
mainstream media, I was left in the dark for quite a while. I'll go and
check out the Salon coverage.

Cheers,
Gary

"People have never been more poor and still we keep hearing about how the
economy, this abstract entity, is doing better than ever, and while the rich
are building summer houses they are also building ghettos for the rest of
us."

- --Anonymous

OO
[_]<|