Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: brad's horrid adventure with paypal
From: miss deuteronomy <bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 12:47:00 -0600

austin:

> Are you trying to tell me that even though PayPal APPROVED the
> transaction,
> they aren't going to give you the money?  I don't believe that's legal.
> It's not YOUR responsibility to verify the authentication of the credit
> card, THEY are.  Did you ship to a "verified" address?

unfortunately, i did not ship toa verified address.  the dude to duped
me wanted it shipped to a third party, "as it was a gift."  i just got
suckered.

i'm going to put up a fight to get the sale insured by paypal, as i did
meet most of the requirements for insurance, but i don't have high hopes.

- --
brad daly
bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net
http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly
http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=190241

"War, what is it good for?  It's good for business."
	--Billy Bragg

"I helped in the rape of a dozen Central American republics for the
benefit of Wall Street."
	--General Smedley Butler, USMC (ret.), 1931