Subject: RE: [Leica] [Viewfinder question] New to the M line and the LUG
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 08:18:27 -0800

I amnot recomending anything, I am challenging your ideas, through which you
should be able to choose what is best for you....

To see the 21 framelines in the M6 .58 body, your eye must be really tight
to the VF window.  In addition, you will need to move your head left to
right to see the periphery.  It is not quite s easy as it seems.... TO get
the same effect, using your .72 body, try looking at the same full VF
image... bob your head around left to right and see if you like it.. That VF
image that you see, withthe .72 body is actually about 24 mm, is the same
actions you will need to do with your eye and head to see the 21 VF image in
the .58 body.

IIf you do not like to see the 24 image area in the .72 body, then you will
most likely not like to see the 21 area in a .58 body.

The simple solution is  to get an accessory VF for hte 21mm FL... they were
made by Leica, Zeiss, probably even made by Russian and Cosina today. Leave
it on the body, semi permanently.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net