Subject: [Leica] re: frugal plug
From: "kyle cassidy" <kcassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 20:57:57 -0800

>The question I have is what are some good ways of shooting a roll a week
but
>not spending a lot of $$ doing so? My normal methods are shoot slides or
>print film and go to a ProLab for Dip&Dunk. That is just not going to be
>economical for me to do that @ $9 or $17 per roll.

in a world where one pays $600 for a 50mm lens there's not much sympathy for
getting frugal. you spend a thousand bucks on the camera, which is just
wasted money if you're not shooting film with it ... film is the cheap part
of this equation....

as frugal as possible:

    bulk arista pro film from www.freestylesalesco.com
    buy chemicals locally
    contact print yourself (you don't need a darkroom, you can do it at
night with the bathroom light) (hey, i was a poet and unaware of it!)
    scan what you like from there.

or

    shoot ilford xp2, get it developed at your dip and dunk and scan from
there.

or

    sell your leica, buy a pentax k-1000 and five years worth of film and
processing.... just tell everybody you took your photos with a leica.

that's about as cheap as you can get without going d*****l.

my .02 -- take it for what it's worth.

kc