Subject: RE: [Leica] OT - Vuescan question
From: "Colin" <CJV@home.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 11:47:33 -0500

Pascal,

I don't know about ICE, but I presume that since it's proprietary
software, it will not work with Vuescan.  I could be wrong.

To save the scan: before the scanning begins, go to the Files tab and
check either "Output TIFF file" or "Output JPEG file."  The files will
be saved in your Vuescan directory, unless you put something in the
"Default Folder" field.

To name the files automatically:  say you're scanning six pictures and
you want them to be named "gothchyk01" through "gothchyk06" - in the
"file name" field put "gothchyk01+" and the program will name the files
sequentially for you, like "gothchyk01.tif" and so on until it has no
more scans.  If you wanted to start with, say, file number 7, then put
"gothchyk07+" in the filename field.  You'll get the hang of it.

Lastly, you might want to turn off the "External Viewer" option (Prefs
tab), and you definitely want to check out the multiple passes option
(Device tab) which is especially useful for very contrasty scenes.  Good
luck. :)

Regards,
Colin
http://www.availabledark.com