Subject: Re: [Leica] M3/M6/TTL and Macro
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 21:15:42 -0800

Don Dory wrote:

> Ah, Mark, you've gone and changed the subject.  For street or studio a
> meterless camera is no big deal, some education, a good eye, a dilute
> developer and all will be well.  But now you've gone and thrown in macro
> work.  Once you go somewhere beyond 1/4 life-size  then TTL metering and TTL
> flash is almost a requirement unless you go to a big enough neg to do
> Polaroid's or use a standardized set that you can calibrate exposure.  You
> will get no disagreement from me that for Viso work a TTL camera is a
> requirement.
>
> Don Dory
> dorysrus@mindspring.com

With Kyles highly magnified and thoroughly educated bugs the subject
didn't change, it evolved.

And as I'm always fooling around with green or yellow green filters a
TTL flash works out great.
A Leica M6 is an easy camera to forget you've got a filter on, and which one.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com